This recipe is made frequently here, so I thought it would be a lovely one to share with you. A wholefood version of the Snickers Bar, so it doesn't contain anything you wouldn't recognise. It is high protein so it is a great afternoon treat, that will keep you full until dinner time. Everyone loves them, they are simple to make and they taste just like a Snickers! It is a win all round.
Snickers Bliss Balls
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup crushed peanut
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place the cashews into your processor and pulse to roughly crush. Pour them into a bowl with the crushed peanuts and set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, honey, maple syrup, cacao, vanilla and salt into your processor and blend until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the nuts and mix to combine.
- Shape the balls (wet hands work best to prevent them from sticking) and place into the fridge to set.
- Eat and Enjoy! (Best stored in the fridge)
|Crushed peanuts and cashews|
|All mixed together|
|My favourite mug|
I will often be found enjoying these in the afternoon with a hot cup of tea. Before our afternoon routine begins, they give me chance to stop and reflect on the day. I hope you get a chance to enjoy them too.